Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hairpin Learning Curve

Getting a PC has really jump-started my machinimaking. It would be nice to be able to use my Mac for all my needs but that's just not the case.

For example, I've been working on a piece with tennis as the central metaphor. While I admit I didn't do an exhaustive search, I wasn't able to find a suitable tennis platform on the mac. Ideally I would have liked to use TopSpin3, but that is still console-only. Buying a console is definitely not in my budget. TopSpin2, however, is cheap on Steam. Plus buying it though Steam saved me a trip to GameStop.

Now I've actually got to learn how to play the game, and curse the luck, play it well. Oh, and I've got to start combing game boards to see if there are any hacks for removing the HUD and other onscreen graphics. In short, I need to know all there is to know about T0pSpin2 in a hurry. And here's the rub. I'm not particularly interested in the game - for its own sake at least. Shazzbat!

No comments: