Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Quiet Start to Dos Mil Ocho

Early New Year's Eve I was watching Univision's (or was it Telemundo's?) broadcast from Mexico City, and I just love the sound of 'Two-thousand and Eight' in Spanish: Dos Mil Ocho. So that's what I'm calling this year, by the by.

The days up to New Year's Eve saw a flurry of purchases to make the tax year: Unity, Anime Studio, Studio Artist, GroBoto. With Parallels Desktop, I hope to have my other key machinima tools, iClone, CrazyTalk, Antics, FRAPS, up and running soon. I've also been adding a bunch of OS/Freeware: Blender, Bryce 5.5, etc.

Incidentally, I have belatedly discovered the joy of blogs and rss feeds. Not just because I've started writing one, but because I finally went and got myself a tool for keeping up with all the blogs out there! (Props to Thinking Machinima, Free Pixel, 3DFilmMaker, gTOON, Machin-X, Machinimoo, Overman, and more. Keep up the good work!)

The challenge now is to get myself organized. My day job is keeping me busy with a very big and demanding project, so I am going to have to really start budgeting time in my day for working with all my new toys, and to write and develop my scripts.

No comments: