Saturday, November 22, 2008

Just don't call me Twiki!

After my recent stint helping AMAS to organize the 2008 Machinima Film Festival, I got thinking about other things I might be able to do to help out. It occurred to me that the Academy could use a good wiki.

I promptly googled free wiki hosting services, and set about creating one. I hadn't gotten very far before my age-addled grey matter reminded me that a machinima wiki already exists. It couldn't tell me where though, annoyingly, but eventually I found it again at mprem.com. There's some really good stuff there. However, a lot of it is out of date, and there are some pretty big gaps in the content. So I gleefully set about adding and updating where I could.

Classic procrastination. Finding something else to do when I should be teaching myself MovieStorm (hats off to ShortFuze for putting out a Mac version! Hint, hint, Reallusion), Blender, Wings3d, SketchUp7, StudioArtist, Anime Studio, VirtualStage, and in particular, Unity. Oh well. At least it's useful procrastination.

In my previous post, I invited the machinima community to volunteer with the AMAS. Well, here's another way to help, that ironically doesn't involve the Academy. Why not contribute to the wiki? Just don't call me Twiki!

No comments: